View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: I might get a hernia doing this

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSwift View Post
I'm finally doing my 4.44 ratio transmission/rear end replacement and the car is up on 4 jack stands. I need to increase the height of the front ones to be able to get the transmission out. Can I lift the front end using the front sub-frame cross member? If not directly on the crossmeber I can bridge out to the mounting points in the unibody. It would just be more work.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Keith
Hey Keith,

I noticed you are just north of Houston. Several of us are located nearby in San Antonio (5+) and Austin (3+). Might be able to convince a few to come over and help you. Dustin (odepaj, here in SA with me) has an engine lift and some other handy tools. Shaun (Your_confused, in Austin) is really knowledgeable about the tricks of installing a transmission as he has did his own too. Both guys are pretty savy around the SVX.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram