View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: What's your SVX's favorite road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojoRocket View Post
Yeah, that's a good one alright, but too many kids learning to "drift" up in that area for my taste. Actually, I like Stagecoach Road between King City and Soledad quite a bit, with some elevation changes and lots of "whoopties". We travel to San Luis Obispo quite a bit and are always looking for alternate routes to get off the freakways. I use Hiway 25 past the East side of Pinnacles, my real fave, between 156 near Hollister, and 101 at King City most trips, as a very SVX kind of road. It's about 12 mi shorter, but mostly 45-55 posted, and always a kick to see if I can beat previous gps eta to KIng City. Lightly used too, and mostly good sightlines.

Glenn
I like your taste. Try HWY58 next time if you're up to it. Similar feel to the one you mentioned, but a bit further south (closer to me). When I was in school in Ventura I used to spend my off days exploring the roads between I5 and the 101. That's just beautiful country.

Now, California has some great roads. I've spent 10 years exploring the roads less traveled, and could go on all day. But I want to hear from some of you further out on the World Wide Web. What's the fun of living vicariously through you guys if I've already been to the places mentioned? Don't be afraid. I live on a street that I imagine would be on a lot of folks top 10 lists, so I know how it can be when "Junior" takes Mom's station wagon out to learn to drift. However, we all know that some roads are better than others, and while respecting the laws and locals we can still get out there and have a little clean fun with our cars.

Freeman: If you installed Nevin's RSB today, where would you go to test it out? I'm really bored at work today, and sitting on GoogleMaps is just what I need to maintain the illusion of productivity.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.