View Single Post
Old 05-02-2001, 02:14 PM
zsvx

After I warped the rotors that came on my SVX when I bought it I searched around the message boards for possible solutions to this problem. The torque applied to the lug nuts was the most common response I found. When I purchased the second (current) set of rotors I also bought a torque wrench and I use it every single time I tighten the lugs. Unfortunatly this did absolutely nothing for me as my current rotors are warped. I really have no idea why they are so easy to warp on some SVXs but not others. Maybe I brake harder than I think? I think I've only slammed on the brakes once or twice since I installed these rotors (never at 80mph), that must have been enough to do it. I'm not sure what you guys mean by "thumping". For me, when I apply my brakes (especially when exiting a freeway at 65 - 75mph) my whole steering wheel shakes badly. At slower speeds this doesn't happen but they are "uneven" as if I'm lightly changing the pressure applied to the brakes (which I'm not). If someone wants to offer me another suggestion (and save me $360 on ART rotors) I'm all ears