View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Tom Johnson's "All We'll Drive" Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaze148 View Post
Just shipped a 92 Liquid Sv. 92 Touring LSL to Tom from Ca.
We had discussed the proposed work, and it was all agreeable.
He got the car, and took pics before he let the driver unload it. I thought that was pretty cool. It was a sign to come of how detail conscious he was to become.
he gave me a window of a week, and proceeded to do the work. he gave me email progress reports all along the way. Also very cool. I'd never had that happen before.The main reason I wanted to ship it to Tom was because of a popping rumbling noise in the suspension. Two Ca. mechanics told me to just turn the radio up.I knew I'd never get a nights sleep until that problem was solved.
Tom started on it, and at a certain point, became stumped. He has the kind of set up where he has access to used parts.He stuck with it, and eventually solved the problem after a late night or two. I was visualizing his shop during that time as if he had his own TV show like Orange County Choppers or such.
On the last day before promised delivery, he called, and told me he had it fixed. I was really pleased ,and knew I' had made the right chioce to ship it 3000 miles to someone I had not even met. The other nice thing he did was give me his WRX Cd changer, instead of slowing things down, and waiting for a new one.
Great experience all around. he delivered it after a 155mile drive at 25 MPG on the highway. Also pretty pleased.He told me I had a fine example of that model, and that I had picked a nice car.Got lucky this one time.
Thanks for everything Tom
Steve
Flattery will get you nowhere I am very glad you like the car as much as much as we did. Just try to keep NY off the underside of that CA SVX in the winters

Tom