View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 11:27 AM

Re: electrical problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
I would still say its the TCU< or the plugs to the box.

Now it will only have R and 3 if there is no power to the solenoid pack in the box, the shift lever will select both R and the forward clutch, and as there is no solenoid action, they are all off so 3 gear.

So if you didn’t pull any of the plugs off, and only changed the TCU, I would say its a dud.

I can’t see the site that you linked to, but I can say that there were no firmware changes, other than the change to cover the different C solenoid that concerned the VTD cars, nothing that would cause your trouble.
Dud confirmed! Corrosion along the edges of the board and a pair of leaky capacitors

It has been replaced with a functional box, and I'm no longer in limp mode! But now my FWD light is on (fuse is not in). Any thoughts as to what my next troubleshooting steps are? I haven't seen anything on a quick search through the forums and . Again, all of my duty solenoids were replaced after my voltage regulator failure so I don't think it's any issue with that. Is it possible I just need to drive the car for a while now that the transmission won't be choking itself? Hoping that its not any issue with the diffs...

Thanks for all the help thus far!