View Single Post
Old 09-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

no, i don't think it was a 'scam', but i think that if you arrange this sort of thing, you should be prepared to be responsible for undelivered goods.
Precisely why businesses charge extra for parts orders like this. It would be one thing if Lwin kept the money, but I know he sent it to Japan. No one would have ordered from Lwin if he charged the same price as others. Its like buying a car from a private seller as opposed to a dealer. You are taking a chance at having a bad transaction to save some business markup.

Quote:

it wasn't a huge sum of money, either. what really pisses me off, though, are the LIES. i was MORE than patient.
"i'll send the money _____"
"my PayPal must be screwed up, i'll send it _____"
etc.
only after i resorted to threats (promises) did i get him to get off his ass and actually take some sort of action.
Without seeing the PM's, I cannot comment directly. I can generally say that his Paypal was disconnected from his bank account sometime this spring when he and I did some business and he couldn't get the money withdrawn I sent him. Also, I doubt there are many people here who have never told a creditor "The check's in the mail" to avoid the immediate reaction from saying "I don't have the money".

Quote:

i know he's unemployed - if he didn't HAVE the money, he could have told me and i would have understood.
Based on some of the posts I have read from you in the past (many of them on the same side of the argument as me) I have to be honest and say I don't believe you would have understood.

Quote:
i know for a fact if i needed to return money to a member of this site, i would make an effort to do it.
You are by far in the minority. I have had to beg some people on this board multiple times over a year's time to obtain payment owed to me.

Quote:

and the amount was $240 Lwin, not $230.
This part I know nothing about, I cannot comment.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker