View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Duty solenoid C replaced, but still have the code

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM977 View Post
I replaced my duty solenoid c but still get the 16 power light flashes. I pulled the code and get duty solenoid C after resetting everything. I don't have binding but the car feels like it's in full time 4wd. It also rocks back and forth after shutting the engine off from park and clunks very loudly when shifting from D to R on a steep slope. Can someone who's knowledgeable and isn't a smart-ass kid punk please help me out here? I'm stumped.
Gee I don't know if I am old enough to answer this, but I'll give it a go, just be easy on me.

Your discription does sound like the solenoid is not opening, to keep it in 4WD.

If you are getting a code for the C solenoid, then it means that there is a short, or open, in the wiring to the solenoid, or the armature in the solenoid is not responding to the duty cycle signal.

As the solenoid is new, we can discount the last one and just look at the first two. The wire to the solenoid may be jamed between the cases, or it was not plugged in when it was fitted.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.