View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 08:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

while we're way off-topic, can anyone explain why NASCAR uses carbuerated old-school engines? while F1, WRC, etc. push the limits of technology, NASCAR (or as i like to call it "the Big Left Turn") just doesn't seem to care. <snore>
Different series. Don't get me wrong - I can't stand NASKER. But I have to admit that they have an entirely different set of priorities.

And it's not that NASKER 'doesn't care.' It's inherent in race teams to use any advantage or trick they can pull off - NASKER'S governance just chooses to squash any kind of innovation. Innovation isn't the name of the game, in that series.

I will say, though, that NASKER's priorities seem a little...weird. I mean, they still call them 'stock' cars, but they're hardly that. I think the trunk lid and maybe hood have to be stock, but that might be it. Under that, whether the car is badged a Ford, Dodge or Chevy, they're just tubular framed cars with shells.

I don't understand it, either, but they do seem to offer up a show that millions of people like, so whatever.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 06-11-2003 at 08:13 PM.