Old 11-22-2004, 06:44 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Something besides Tranny Weirdness.

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
I promised to keep everyone posted so here goes.

I spent the weekend taking the battery out of the '94 SVX trickle charging it, and cleaning the corrosion off everything. After charging the battery outside the car over night, it was still 'deader than a door nail' so I bought a new battery, yesterday morning. I also bought a new battery clamp at PEP Boys. It fits surprisingly well. I put everything back together and guess what; the car still would not start. All I get is "click-click" from the starter relay. It sounds like the relay is hanging-up. I guess I'll go under the car and give the relay a good whack tonight.

Ouestions: Where is the starter motor? Is it on the bottom left or bottom right side of the engine? Is the bolted on, or part of the starter motor?

Thanks for any help.

Larry III
Larry

Before you go hammering it [I know how you feel! ], just run a voltmeter across the new battery. It may be slightly down on charge.

I have had no trouble with Plum, but the black car is a long time standing and the battery is due replacement. I find with both of them, it is very surprising how little below 12V they have to be before the click click business happens.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl