View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 08:49 PM
henryb

Mine has been recovered. The Police called me back last night to indicate they found it abandoned in Scarborough (at Morningside and 401). No other damage was inflicted other then that of their attempt to get in the car.

The attempted to pop off the driver side door lock (with a screw driver or something - the door is all scratched near the lock). Then after that didn't work, they went for spreading open the window and in my case they shattered the upper glass above the window.

Once they were in the car, they simply forced the ignition lock and started the car with a screw driver. They took most of our CD's and my son's Gameboy and games, some personal things in the trunck. As well, they took the ash tray and the center console lid??? which I thought was wierd?

As I have seen in other posts... that there have been more then one SVX stolen from the Durham region... Not just Durham (East of Toronto) more specifically, right here in Whitby??? There probably aren't more then half a dozen SVX's in our town of 90,000 people.

The other thing is it was probably the same guy, as they broke into (the dead battery SVX) with the same techinque! One on Saturday night, mine on Sunday night and the the 3rd stolen SVX (which was Red) on Monday night, all in Whitby. Very scarey stuff!!! I will have to make room in the garage for the ol'girl when we get her home next week!

Thanks again to everyone for all your help,