Thread: Texas!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Marissa / Cozykat thank you!

We had a bit of an unscheduled mini-meet today in San Antonio at Marisa's house.

I left Northern Texas Friday afternoon heading back to Brownsville for the weekend. Around Austin, I got the dreaded 'Christmas tree' light show going on my dash with the headlights fading in and out...dead/dying Alternator

Not daring to go any further in the dark, I stopped in Austin and stayed the night, scouring the web for any local place that might have an alternator (yeah..right) Well I did find one listed on car-part.com so I had a ray of hope.

I send a couple of messages to the only person who could have helped me...Marisa! A couple of quick messages to see if she had an extra alternator found out that yes, she did have one in her garage. However I wasn't even sure if I'd make it that far..

In the morning I went to the parts yard...'Nope sorry the SVX was crushed long ago..no parts'

So..I hooked up the voltmeter and found I had just enough voltage with everything turned off to keep moving. Occasionally the xmas tree returned on and off with some wild voltage fluctuation, but it looked like I'd make it to San Antonio.

Got to her house, swapped in the new alternator (thanks for the help!) and after chatting for awhile, was on my way again.

Don't know what I would have done without your help..probably would have been stuck for a day or two until I could fedex one in.

So again..thanks Marisa! You helped me out of quite a jam there!

Oh..and your new engine looks very nice too.

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com