View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92SVXLS-LDC
okay, so as far as the speed sensor and circuit stuff... if i wanted to replace it, what would i be getting myself into?? i guess theres 2 speed sensors right??? well i've never had a check engine light, and my speedo works fine, does that mean i need the easy one or hard one?? and whats the circuit thing??? i'm thinking MAYBE once it gets warm out to just throw the car on jack stands for a couple weeks and throw money at it... i want to do all/most of the work myself at least..
If you ask around on here you may be able to find the speed sensors off somebody. The one on the back of the tranny is speed sensor 2 and the one on the front is speed sensor 1. They are easy to replace and should only take about an hour or so. Check the plugs on them for corrosion and so on and make sure they are in good shape. I've had every problem you have and then some and I assure you I'm just as poor if not poorer than you so take it from me, It CAN be fixed and if you search around the net hard enough you'll find some great deals on the parts you need. I'll be PM'ing you.