View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 01:54 AM
Sixpack Subaru

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxbklyn
they only changed the knock sensor because the code listed at as that? I agree with you because today it was very hard to start this morining,after sitting all night. but the rest of the day it was fine. what really makes me mad, is that they gave me back the car without resetting the alarm. (its reset now) It also might of been the battery. at the time it wouldn't start, I lost 2 cells in my battery. so from trying to start it, the battery went dead.
(now have a new red top battery) I went with the best battery I could find.
Like I was always taught, don't just believe the scan tool. DO the tests on the bench, confirm the fault actually exists in the component and not somewhere else. Assuming they did all this, then you are OK.
Doesn't explain the hard to start though. Coolant temp sensor will not 'normally' throw a knock code but purge solenoid will, having said that purge solenoid won't normally make it hard to start either!LOL!
I would be a bit skeptical on the knock sensor code. Normally not a fault at all, just a memorised code from a 'glitch' in my experience.
Cheers...(this is a good one:! )
Sixpack