View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 01:34 AM
TonyShaleUK

Thanks Earthworm.

This is like a Viking saga! In Germany on business Thurs & Frid.

Rang this company. Only the Regulator in stock. Ordered it Thurs am.

Reconditioner checked the rectifier on my alternator. All ok

Ball from the parts supplier saying they can't deal with a private individual. Reconditioner isn't interested in ordering. Got a name of Quinton Hazell in UK. They have a regulator equivalent part in stock. Placed an order Thurs pm for delivery to reconditioner.

They rang back, saying they can't take visa, buthave contacted the reconditioner, who will collect the part Fri am.

Rang reconditioner Frid pm after my meetings. They were waiting for the part to turn up! Rang the parts supplier - they were waiting for the parts to be collected! Asked them to deliver by guaranteed post Sat am to reconditioner (they only work Sat am). No guaranteed post on Sat.....so I sit here, waiting for a call from the reconditioner that the parts have arrived - knowing that they won't. Or lost in the Christmas mail. Or destroyed as a suspect package.....

This may be the last straw for the SVX. I will leave the decision until after Christmas, but my new year resolution may be to get a sensible car......

I'll get the alternative part number and post, along with the Quinton Hazell phone number (they have been extremely helpful in all this) when I get it.

Thanks for all the help guys...