View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 10:58 AM

Wink Whas' all this Hub-bub?

Hey, Joe

For all I know they did (might have ) replaced one or both of the hubs the last time they replaced the rear bearings. All I know is that I made sure (once they had received authorization from the Subaru Zone Service for the "extended" warranty repair) they were aware that if the problem continued UNSOLVED after 4 warranty repairs, and the bearings went out AGAIN, and I found out, subsequently, through either their disclosure or through independant mechanical analysis that the bearings OR the hubs had been reinstalled improperly or defectively, that my expectation was they would replace them, AGAIN, for free...

OR, I would use the clear evidence of 3 previous ineffective or defective warranty repairs as the basis for a nice, local Small Claim Court case. I really didn't think they doubted that I would actually do this, nor that i would, eventually, prevail.

The Service Manager assured me everything had been cleaned, checked, inspected, measured, etc. to make absolutely sure the repair was compleated correctly...

He said the Zone guy did not feel it was necessary to meet with me "face-to-face" the next time he visited the Dealership, as had been my request before they finally caved-in and approved the 4th repair 100% (they had offered 50% coverage, initially: that's when I discovered that the price for the repair had virtually DOUBLED)...

Hmmmmm... 50% of 200% = 100% No way.

All's well that ends well... 23K and counting