View Single Post
Old 11-04-2002, 07:08 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
More or less my thoughts exactly. The SVX sold poorly at the time because it was so far ahead of it's time. Now we have cars very similar too it although still not as radical. The Lexus sports coupes are perfect examples of what our SVX would compete against today. I think it would sell much better today were it released as a new model than it did 10 years ago.

Granted the windows are a love 'em or hate 'em characteristic that probably hurt its sales more than any other factor. Personally I LOVE the windows and think they are the defining styling factor for the car. Other than that, as I look over my car in my mind's eye, three really isn't anything in it or on it that I think would need to be changed in order for the car to be seen by the public as a brand new model (ok, the seatbelt mice in mine are a dead giveaway but they got rid of them in later years). How many cars 10 years ago had projector headlamps?

As much as I'd love to see them dust off the old machinery and start producing our SVX exactly as it was as a new model (sure would make parts easier to come by ), I realise that could never happen and updates would have to be made, for better or for worse. But I think Subaru would do well to dust off the SVX moniker and produce a car that would be nearly as radical today as ours was 10 years ago.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.