View Single Post
Old 11-03-2002, 09:28 AM
alacrity024

Pardon me for being so harsh, but this is bull****.

The SVX was never intended to compete with cars like the TT. True enough, they're both impressive design statements, but from a vehicular standpoint the SVX was originally designed as"..a world class performance luxury coupe which can hold its own againast the likes of the Toyota Supra, the Nissan 300ZX and the Mazda RX-7.." (I'm quoting from the Offical Technical Overview manual which Dave was gracious enough to give me at the last meet)

Now I don't think I'm alone in thinking that NONE of these cars run in the same league as the TT.

If indeed the SVX is to be re-enstated, it should be based on a tweaked Legacy chassis and powered by a massaged version of the new 3.0 liter six. I don't think I'm asking too much here.. The original SVX is a relatively big car, and I'd like to see a new one stay true to its roots. True enough, a turbocharged four might actually push out a few more ponies than the NA six, but I've actually learned to love NA motors for their smooth, predictable power delivery. If the six cannot be pushed to provide enough power in NA form, I think that it would behoove SOA and FHI to keep the SVX tradition of using the most advanced technology avaliable by unveiling a turbocharged version of the 3.0 six specifically for the new SVX.

Just thoughts..

-Adam