View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 06:02 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlm30 View Post
Just an update. Checked the brake pedal switch and the relay under the ABS cover in engine bay, still blown fuse. So I decided to pulled out the passenger seat and got the ABS module out. No physical damage. The gound wiring looked ok, so I unplug the ABS module and turn the ignition on, no more blown fuse.
So is the short within the ECU or the wiring from the fuse to ABS module?
Any advice?
Thanks again
This would indicate that the short circuit is within the ABS unit or wiring connected to the unit.

Connect a bulb or voltmeter across the fuse holder to save the cost of blowing fuses. A bright bulb or 12/14 volts indicated will show a short.

Disconnect the hydraulic unit under the hood, to check if this is involved in the short circuit.

If no result, disconnect plugs to the ABS unit separately to discover which may contain the shorted circuit.

Sensors and wiring being in exposed locations are likely suspects and can be checked in the next step.

P.S ------- You beat me to it. Our wires crossed. Good news you have the culprit.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 01-11-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: P.S.