View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 11:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to Roo Send a message via Yahoo to Roo
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Roo, I don't have a clue on the abs, but Trevor is good with electrics, he may chime in.

Regards the power windows, would you know if the car has had a leak into the interior, or if it ever was in a flood, even a shallow one?

The reason I ask is because the relay for the power windows is under the carpet on the floor. If it gets wet it can corrode the earth connections, then the electric windows don't work.

There is a hole in the carpet you can poke into to check, but in your case you may have to take out the seats, lift the carpet and check the electrical gear under there.

The problem is usually corroded earths not grounding, but possibly the relay/s may be toast.

Joe
I'm guessing I just got lucky to run into this answer, as we removed the seats AND the center console in order to clean the car...we're going to detail this car out some more. Should I be removing the carpet on the driver side or passenger side?

BTW, any clues while they're out on how to lube and grease the seat motor? I finally got it to move forward enough to take it out, but once I removed the bolts, the seat didn't want to go back anywhere close to the far back position it was in beforehand.

Last edited by Roo; 12-16-2007 at 11:23 PM.