View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 02:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
no need for apologies just a misunderstanding im sure on both our parts. And unfortunately i am 100% positive its crank walk. I checked it with a mag. dial indicator and and came up just shy of 1/4in. .024" to be exact checked it multiple times. And honestly its soo bad that you can not only see the crank pulley AND bolt move but also you here it in the cluch and pressure plate. I can pull it out and hear a distinct "clunk" (for lack of better words) And when you push it back in you hear the pressure plate and clutch move as well. I really really hope it is just an injector causing this and it very well might be. Did you just pull injectors till the car didnt change the way it was running to diagnose or did you ohm them out or ???I guess what was the procedure you used to diagnose it. Im gonna go see if its in the sevice manual i have and ill check it that way as well. I TRULY appreciate the help thus far and really do hope it is just an injector that would be nice. But when i rev it up it sounds like its knocking from the back middle of the engine where it is attached to the box. However the box is totally fine and shifts great. Its only got maybe 1500miles since the rebuild and doesnt seem to be the source of the sounds. Thanks again and ill look into the injector right now.