View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Jeff,
Jesse hit on a lot of good points that, while painful, are important for all us "males" out here....
1. Relationships do evolve as we "change" over time....part of keeping your relationship strong and "together" is recognizing this fact and doing things to continue to grow together instead of apart. How many divorces do we all know about that are based on the husband and wife being "different from the one I married"??
2. We (males) are our own worst enemies in many cases...I would venture (not having had the time to see if there are actually any concrete study results in this area) that the majority of males - faced with a beautiful female - do not immediately think to ask her what it is that she's having issues with in her relationship and suggest ways that she can improve things with her husband. We just had a family in our neighborhood break up due to the wife hooking up with the husband's best friend! Kinda makes you want to apologize for the male gender....
3. Trust is built over time and, once broken, takes even longer to rebuild. Communication becomes even more important in these instances.

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker