View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 06:39 PM
DJK1995LSI

Strut Mount Question

Greetings fellow SVX fans,
I purchased my 1995 LSI in June and have always had a strange clunking sound coming from the front end whenever riding over fairly small bumps or washboard type ripples in blacktop. I took it to a local independent shop that seems failry sharp with the SVX. They thought that it may have been the sway bars, removed them, test drove, and sound still there. They now suggest that the strut mounts may be bad. I suppose this is possible, although very difficult to tell for sure without taking the whole assembly apart. I have looked at the SubaruParts website for the parts
http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?mod...ategory=210-1, but cannot figure out exactly what parts would be needed to replace the "strut mount". Is it also wise to replace the struts while the whole thing is apart? The shop is estimating 3 hours of labor. The previous owner had the struts replaced but could not say if the mounts where done. The car has 95,000 miles on it and is in fabulous conditions and I would like to make this right.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dave in Reading, PA
ps: I have attached a photo of my baby....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 108-0894_img.jpg (755.1 KB, 161 views)