View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 10:52 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Another autocross...

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob

I think you may be suprised how much better that makes her handle. I can turn about a 1/3 of a sec better with a 3/4 full or more tank then I can with a gallon in the XT as it handles much better! You have FI right so an aftermarket fuel pump wouldn't be the answer.
It's EFI, yeah. As for 'ballasting' the rear, the 3 extra gallons of fuel I'm going to have to run with aren't going to make enough of a difference. There's no weight back there to begin with.

The Justy is also, as I have said above, totally gutless and the less weight I can hinder it with the better. I have considered adding ballast to the spare tire well, since the back end gets so friggin' loose under hard braking (I can really only brake hard in a straight line), but I just don't want to carry the weight around so I deal with it.

Speaking of the back end getting loose, somebody else running in H-stock had the following solution. He told me I should try doing my runs with the e-brake pulled up by a notch or two to 'keep the back end planted.' I haven't tried it. If you ask me, it sounds like a recipe for a spin. The guy was pretty nice, and I really don't think he was trying to mislead me, but I also don't think it's a good idea in a car whose back end is so loose under braking already. Any opinions on this?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE