View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004, 09:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Another autocross...

...another crushing defeat for the Justy. Well, sorta.

See, I took myself out of 'novice' because they were alwayus bumping H-stock novice in with every other stock novice group. That's fine, because I've beaten guys with Boxsters on straight time, but I've never beaten my friend with the Impulse RS. I was getting sick of being beaten by him, so I figured I's just go into regular H-stock and get beaten by somebody else.

Which I did. A few weeks ago I took 3rd out of a four-car H-stock class. I wasn't too far behind, and the guys I got beaten by were really, really experienced.

Then yesterday they actually left H-stock novice by themselves. I would have won that class by a good two seconds. Damn it.

Instead I got beat by some guy in an Eclipse (why the hell is that in H-stock) by - get this - eight seconds.

Ow.

This guy was beating the STis and Evos on straight time, and took FTDI.

I felt like I drove pretty well again, but I know there was still room for improvement. Not eight seconds' worth, but maybe a couple. The Justy's simply not that fast. There was a very high-speed section that I'm sure I lost a lot of time in. Plus it was starving out of fuel in two high-speed right turns. Argh. I have to take a look at the fuel pump - the left pickup must not be working correctly.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE