View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 05:55 AM

Re: Connecticut shooting and the "race card".

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub View Post
What shocked me was the amount of editorial drivel surrounding the sparse facts that they all shared (up to 14 paragraphs in one case). I don't know if there's a single journalist left in America! We may live in the "age of information" but weeding through the opinions of not just commenters but the authors themselves is making the formation of an educated personal opinion almost impossible. I should have just waited until tomorrow morning to hear the true details of the event from BBC Radio rather than waste my time with this blog/news/editorial crap which just hides the facts to promote a personal agenda.
Well put. People should turn off their TVs and computers and rediscover an AP-affiliate newspaper. (Yeah, like that'll happen; then we'd have to form our own opinions rather than having pre-digested pap spoon-fed to us.)

Feedback posted in on-line "news" venues is anonymous. It's easy to talk trash when nobody knows who you are. And most of us are guilty of getting way to worked-up over it.

dcb