View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: What is happening with SVXWN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Appreciation is not in the SVXWN member vocab...

I have introduced and run the raffle at reading for 3 years... Put a couple thousand dollar worth of parts and even an entire car into the raffle as a fundraiser for the network... Granted it was also a networking and advertising probe for my shop as well... Guess what, I got maybe a handful of thank you's and zero response in regards to increase in revenue for the shop...

Always been hopeful but now realize until there is a major shift in ownership, nothing is going the change... People will continue to complain about what they didn't get rather than grateful for what they did

Tom
Tom, I appreciate you, so feel appreciated, damn it!

I wasn't able to take advantage of Reading drawings, or use your shop services other than the time you did the road trip version. But I'll never be able to thank you enough for the full 2 days' work you did 3,000 miles from your shop on my car. Saved me a TON of money and realistically saved the car, period. Wished your shop was closer or you did a road trip once a year so I could use your services more and compensate you better. Would have eventually bought a lot more online from you besides the awesome hood struts if you had stayed in business longer.

Tom is just one example of the great people here on the SVXWN that have helped me over the years. I love this car and am in way too deep emotionally to give up on it now in spite of the problems, but would have no choice if not for all the knowledge found on this site.

I can only hope in my own way I have provided some of that back as well. At the very least, I've worked my ass off for the last 10 years organizing events in the Pacific Northwest and keeping the following alive in the region.

Who knows how long I'll be able to keep my 220,000 mile daily driver SVX running, or how much time in the future I'll have to spend on forums when I have a family and life, but while I'm here, I still care, even if I don't pop up in every thread.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...