View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 05:45 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Strange stall...

I did a quick check when I got home today. Car started immediately (i suspect, like I said before, that it didn't start this morning because of temperature) and I unplugged the vacuum line that connects to the Fuel Pressure Regulator. There was no noticeable change, at idle, when disconnecting the vacuum line.

I called Nate (WickedJugalo) who I met at the maintenance meet last weekend, and asked him to do the same thing with his car. He said the idle raised on the car, and it noticeably ran more rich.

I am about to leave and go to my buddy's shop, where I will definitely be treating the regulator as suspect. We are going to apply vacuum and see if we can get the car to lean out and make some real power. Up till now she seems pretty much stock, since I am running too rich to make any low end ponies. Don't get me wrong, after about 4k RPM, she RIPS, but it's not the same when it almost seems like turbo lag...

I am also going to be going over the intake manifold with a vacuum gauge and some throttle body cleaner, looking for vacuum leaks.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted