Thread: 92 Svx
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 05:43 AM

Re: 92 Svx JDM L AWD/AWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by svx1999 View Post
Thanks for the pics. Very nice. someone has kept it in good condition. I'm not sure if it's possible to get the Air filtration unit in the back??? but if you know where to find one please let me know. The AWS is what I'm really interested in.. There weren't many of those made.. I could be wrong not certain it ever went to production. with AWS, hence my interest..

SVX1999
I think there were only few AWS made, they may have been JDM only, possibly UK/Europe as well though. Had it up on the lift for a new RR bearing but forgot camera for pics .
I'll post some when I'm next under. Extra track rod ends on the back, threw the mechanic a bit .
AWS is very slight, only 1 or 2 degrees or so, and only activates above a certain speed, around 30 mph maybe. Not the major, crab into parking space sideways, kind of AWS.

Has an AWS warning light on the dash I just noticed, not illuminating fortunately but shows up at 'christmas tree' time when turning ignition on.

"The Japanese-spec "SVX L" received four-wheel steering in 1991 and 1992, model code "CXD" (1,905 built). " - From wiki.

http://www.alcyone.org.uk/ssm/4ws.html

DSH

Last edited by DeltaSlyHoney; 09-09-2011 at 07:32 AM.