View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
Harry-

There is also an MB club autocross the following day in Winchester that some may be interested in attending. You may want to post some info on cheap hotels in the area in case people want to make a weekend out of it...
Mike,
You are correct!! I didn't think of that - in fact, I forgot we had the autocross on the following Sunday!!!
GREAT idea!

For those that don't know, the Greater Washington Section Mercedes club has a "monthly" autocross here in the Winchester area - the last of the season is Nov 4, as Mike mentioned. Any car can run ($30 fee for non-members of the club), as long as it is licensed for the road (inspection sticker, etc). There are usually about 30 - 40 cars (only a third are actually Mercedes), so this is a small group. Normally, one gets three "practice" runs in the morning, and then the best of three runs in the afternoon for "official" time for the event. Mike (RUFUS), Ron Mummert and I (of the network here) are regulars - Mike is the fastest with his Porsche (or maybe the Audi). Anyway, he does much better than me or Ron .

As we get closer, I will post the names and phone numbers of local motels with prices.

Great idea, Mike!
Thanks,
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx