View Single Post
Old 02-13-2002, 06:14 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Is this a fair price???

Quote:
Originally posted by InukSean
One of the lenses on the front left blinker was cracked real good. But just the plastic.
Man, did you get more than you bargained for. Didn't think 'any opinions would be appreciated' would net so many responses, did you? Heh.

As for the blinker, I can answer that one. A shopping cart hit mine. Here's a link to the right page on SubaruParts.com:

http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?mod...category=841-A

You want item #4. Surprisingly enough, I got a slightly lower price locally (rare - these guys usually undercut everybody by a lot). It is very easy to replace.

You should be able to get the service history of the car from the dealer - but it will only reflect service that was done at Subaru dealerships. Don't let 'em be lazy and tell you that it can't be done without the owner's name and address - it can be printed without, and you know where the owner lives anyway.

All in all, I think you're looking at a good deal. Take it to a mechanic to be sure. And take it to a Subaru mechanic, lest you be misinformed by somebody who's never seen an SVX before.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE