View Single Post
Old 07-21-2003, 10:29 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Just thought I'd mention that depending on how much you drove your car in the winter, there may be more that needs to be replaced than just the struts themselves. The rear upper rubber spring seat tends to deteriorate badly as does the rear upper strut mount. There are some pictures in my locker. If the front end of you car goes "clunk" when you hit a bump, this may be the front upper strut mount. There is a big bearing inside it (allowing the strut to twist when the wheels are turned), and this bearing becomes notched over time which I believe causes the clunk. The strut mount is not always the cause of the clunk, but it was for my car.

I've already posted a fairly detailed set of instructions, that Earl said he was going to post in the "how-to" section. I hadn't realized that an 11/16" spark plug socket was a good solution for the needed deep well socket to loosen the strut nut. Maybe our how-to's can be put together.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.