Thread: Fuse box help
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2002, 03:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Re: Fuse box help

I don't have the cover handy right at the moment, but blown fuses can easily be checked without removing them by using a multimeter or continuity tester. If you look at the back (top) of the fuse where the rating is printed, you'll see two small holes on either side with tiny metal tabs. These tabs are the tops of the blades of the fuse. Basically if the fuse is blown, you will have no continuity between the two blades. Most digital multimeters can directly measure this continuity without being affected by the 12V from the battery, and none of them will adversely affect the car's electrical systems while testing, unless you short the test probes together.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver
Well I have reason to believe I have a blown fuse for the fog lights. Which I have been told is in the under the dash fuse box. My problem is, my SVX did not come with a cover for that fuse box, thus no label! I never even realized this, as the fuse box is so far up under the dash the cover wouldn't be seen, but without a label I'm going to have to pull every fuse out until I find a blown one! The cover with label and fuse puller is like $3.00 total from subaruparts.com, but for now if someone would be kind enough to tell me the position of the fog light fuse I would be very grateful!!!