View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX
Re: Thinking the 3.3 has got to go...

let me see if I can cover the last few posts.

Joe we have had the 2.5L STi since '04. Actually my last STi was an '04. Kinda miss it.

The Forester 2.5T is a popular swap for the 2.0 guys. My good friend Jeff runs that engine in his '03 (still a bugeye for us) WRX and runs 11.1x @ 130something. He also runs the Hydra and has been on me to try it for yrs. Jeff can be blamed for getting me into modding Subaru's. I met him while stationed in the UK back when my then new '02 WRX was 100% bonestock.

I kinda toured the UK learning as much as I could about the cars since they have had the WRX since '93. Richard Bulmer of Tractive Solutions, Chris at WRC Tech and even Scoobyclinic had a go at tuning my WRX. Richard did the best job, now that's one smart guy there. I went from 132whp on Emerald 3D's dyno in Watton, Norfolk (100% stock) to 305whp when finished. I got loads of crap from the local Subaru site (Scoobycity.co.uk) for bothering to build a WRX instead of buying an STi in the first place. I had the second highest whp of the day there during a MLR rolling road day. That shut those guys up. I was the lone Subaru to the "slaughter'. Only a Norris built Evo VII had more power.

I dont remember who said it but they are correct, I didn't come here looking for permission or approval to do a swap. Its mine and I'll play with it how ever I choose!
I was looking for information, and I cant believe no one in the last 18yrs hasn't done this swap.

Odepaj by the time you built the 3.3 and boosted it I think you'd still end up spending more money. Don't forget you have to do something about that crappy 4EAT.

Last edited by Bonestock; 03-29-2010 at 05:08 PM.