View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 01:20 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Yellow peril

Hi Tone

Thanks for the help on the recirc, will leave it open as usual.

Like the look of your car, and at E8000 for a '96 with low miles, this seems very fair value.

Certain people on this site who shall be nameless [called Randy] don't get on with yellow cars. Me, I like them, but my Missus won't let me. Go for it if the price is right.

Thanks for the photos, they are good to have, and James in Australia will love to see them. He goes all wobbly kneed at the thought, yellow cars are scarce.

Being '96 with the better oil cooler in the rad, your car should in theory give no trouble with the tranny, but best to check out in advance, expensive to fix.

Also, not trying to be negative, but get a good look at the car before you buy. Hard to be sure with the poor colour rendition, but the rear photos seem to show two different yellows at the back of the car, possibly a legacy of the minor accident. Maybe a trick of the light, but check out for yourself, and look for a discount if the colour is a bad match.

I like the wheels, but would prefer the five spokes. The tyres look very low profile, maybe 40s, so the wheels could be 18" ones. Those tyres would burst a lot on our pot-holed roads, so if Porto has bad roads, put back on the originals and 50 series tyres.

Last, I notice the aerial is stuck about 4" in the up position. This is minor enough. It could be in need of lubrication, and there seems to be snow about the car, so it could be frozen either. Don't worry too much about it, but if it is damaged, use this to bargain your price.

Wish you luck, hope you get it, and it's a good'un.

Joe

PS if the original wheels are available as part of the deal, take them. You can fit one set with winter tyres, swap around as desired.
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl