View Single Post
Old 09-30-2002, 11:13 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: Re: In all seriousness

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Troy,
I was being sarcastic. No help from this group of jokers. But, like I said, I guess I deserve it.

I spent about twenty minutes trying to figure out how to put the bumper part of the bra on, yesterday. Then, I got PO'd and threw it on a shelf in the garage. While a sat and stewed, I had an interesting thought, "Maybe you were trying to put it on upside down." I tried again, and YES, that was the problem. Things began to fall into place (D'OH!).

I finally got it all put together and everything is situated nicely. I only have two problems: where do the stiff tabs (the things thas look like large tongue depressors) on the bottom (especially on each side) attach? The ones in the front just seem to fold under, nicely. The second problem is (and I'm sure it's just a matter of flexibility), I can't seem to stretch the sides, where the seams will match up line at the top of the bumper. Perhaps that will come over time. Of course, the more I try to pull the seams to match the bumper line, the more of the bottom of the bumper is exposed. It's like trying to choose whether you want to show more cheek or more crack when putting on a pair of Zebra striped bikini underwear.
Decisions, decisions! I have the same trouble with mine (the bumper decision, not the other one ) After highway driving the bra sometimes shifts to different positions on its own as well. I'm using mine for the same purpose as you, too cover up damage (still that fender/bumper thing from last year) until I'm ready for the repaint. Until then it covers all damage nicely.

I had trouble with the bottom tabs as well, the instructions I had simply said "fold the tabs under" or something vague like that. I ended up bending them up, at first they resisted and I was afraid to break them, but then they bent right up against the bumper skin to hold it in place. Hard to explain but just experiment and go with what you feel good about.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...