View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 05:11 AM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
My SVX doesnt even come 1/4 way to the middle way to heating up! When I put a synthetic oil in it now it hardly comes off the C ! But I still get awesome heat. I dont have a clue about the clunking, I got a noise myself thats driving me nuts! But its car when I hit a bump! GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion
Hi all.

My SVX tends to heat up fairly fast, BUT it has never ever went past the middle of the temp gauge. I question if this is normal because on my sister's Nissan, it does not climb that high. I'm at the middle of my temp guage within maybe.. 10-15 mins of driving/idling. Again, it has never went past, but I always feel uneasy seeing it rise so fast. I felt it was T-Stat, so I went to go buy one (A Prestone one). But looking at previous threads, this one wont fit? ? ? Which AUTO STORE ones do fit? I only have 2 days to work on my car, so I can't wait for the OEM from subaru.

My second conundrum: the svx idles with a thump thump thump, consistent when im at a stoplight. BUT when I put the car in neutral, it goes away completely and it idles quietly. Obviously tranny related, but what can solve this problem?

THANKS IN ADVANCE for helping this N00B!!!!

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black