View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade
TomsSVX installed the Trevor/Mychailo/TomsSVX Bypass Air Solenoid Valve manual air valve bypass 5MT Stall fix today and I no longer stall. Right after the engine starts up, if I lift off the accelerator and the clutch is down, the rpm's will immediately drop down as low as 300-400, then pick back up to about 800-900. After the engine is fully warmed up, and I do the same, rpm's immediately drop to about 1100, then slowly sink back down to about 900 after a few seconds. Previously, either of these actions likely would have resulted in a stall. Drove the car home from Beach Haven in summer traffic (5+ miles along Long Beach Drive) and around town here later today. Haven't stalled once. Got to get over the habit of quickly blipping the accelerator, while braking, when I lift the clutch to come to a stop. I don't need to do that any more.

Now, just need to wait until the winter to see if the lack of Bypass Air Solenoid Valve automatic functions impacts driveability at all.

Great news! Looks like the community might just have a "seamless" MT install now
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker