View Single Post
Old 03-13-2002, 05:54 PM
alacrity024

Todd-

The thing is, I wasn't expecting ANY kind of improvement.. I mean who just takes something apart, puts it back together exactly the way it was originally assembled and expects it to work better?? well.. maybe some mechanics, but not me. I was kind of amazed to feel a minor improvement, but a day later the rotors are feeling just as warped as they were before I took them apart. I'm curious as to what it was, though.

Anyway, I was thinking about just getting these rotors turned instead of replacing them. After all, I can pay something like $15 a pop to have them turned on the car.. Well, I'm usualy pretty hard on brakes. Unfortunately for my car, I'm 20 years old and I usually drive like it, so I figured that I might as well have at least a minor edge over stock rotors..

My plan is to have the rear rotors turned on the same day I replace my fronts. I'm also planning on turning the old front rotors once they're off the car and either holding onto them in case I crack one of the ART's (unlikely) or someone wants to buy a pair of secondhand rotors to tide them over for a couple months until they can afford something slotted or cross-drilled.

The impression I got from practically everyone except you is that the stock rotors are too thin to begin with, and machining them down is just asking to have them warp again, which is why I've decided to buy a high-performance set instead of a new set of OEM's..

-Adam