Old 02-20-2002, 04:07 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Re: How I spent my winter vacation.

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

If things keep going the way they are, I'm going to have to take up residence in a book store.

DAY 15! NO CALLS FROM THE TRANNY SHOP!
Hi Randy,

Take heart, things are never so bad, they could not worsen!
I spent day one of my vacation, a wet, windy, wintry unlikeable yesterday, waist deep in muck and sheesh with an excavator in my back garden getting my sewer tank to work.

And meantime, my tranny shop has not called to have my car in to repair the two gears I am missing.

Also, by the way, I have still got the growling from the rear bearing. This has been with the car since I got it exactly a year ago this month. It has not worsened, so I drive with it, but I hope to replace that soon, when car gets its major service.

I only mention the bearing to you, because my experience of SVX ownership has shown that the car and its components are as tough as old boots. Perforce, I had to drive in 3rd gear for 9 months, the car did it, no complaints. Currently it is driving OK with two gears working. And it has covered 20K miles on a noisy bearing.

Perhaps we are reacting to every little fault like perfectionists, when the car would take more abuse than we expect. Try it! You may get some psychological satisfaction for all the damn money the cars cost to fix.

No pain, no gain!!

Joe
Hope you get sorted soon, I know what you are feeling.
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl