View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 07:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to mudfoot76
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
So you've had your SVX for 5 years??/ That's pretty cool...
5 years already? I hadn't really thought of it that way

It has been a mostly wonderful ownership experience. Considering what the car has cost me per mile driven, I really can't complain about anything. Yes, it is expensive to get things fixed, in the rare event that something goes wrong. I have 128k on mine (bought it with 70k), and aside from the standard PM and gas costs, I haven't really had to think about it. The tranny did let go 4k miles ago, and that was expensive. $3942.75 to be exact. I check around the Indy area, and my local Subaru dealer turned out to have the best price. I thought hard about doing the 5spd, but the Suby guy wanted at least $1.5k more for the swap. I checked my Porsche guy (who also happens to do SVRA restorations - at any given time he has 2-4 70's vintage F1 cars in the shop) and he'd do the 5spd swap for about 5k, but he would have needed at least one month before he had time to work on it. Since the SVX is my daily driver, I ended up staying with the automatic...

Aside from the tranny, the only other repair was a rear wheel bearing replacement. But then, I guess that is almost a standard PM replacement too
2005 Mini Cooper S
Sold: 1994 LS-L Laguna Blue [to sxewhodey]