View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Are you talking about Atlanta only (actual Atlanta city limits)? Atlanta is actually fairly small, so does this mean that all of the 'burbs have the same laws?? Marietta, Decatur, College Park, Roswell, Chamblee, East Point, Forest Park, Smyrna, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, etc, etc, etc. There actually didn't use to be much in downtown Atlanta at night except for pimps, hookers of all kinds, etc, plus a good chance you were going to get robbed. Only real safe places were heavily patrolled at sports facilities and the Underground.

Lee
When I say Atlanta, I mean the city limits + the suburbs (within a 20 mile radius). The places that used to be somewhat entertaining all have the 'no cruising' law. Marietta never had crap to do anyway. Come to think of it, all the parts you mention (which I consider Atlanta) has jack yo do.

Downtown Atlanta is also regulated by the 'no cruise' law. I used to be fun driving around the empty city that's all lit up with bums walking around. Hell, I used to drive by the federal pen. at night because when it was lit up, it looked like the poor redneck version of the taj mahal. Watching pimps keeping their hookers in check was fun back in the day with the potential glimpse of the next hooker serial killer. The bad parts never skeered me nor did anyone ever think to rob me. Would have been fun if they tried.

The only place that even remotely had activity was the messican joints. Back in the day even Buckhead had some action. This time around all I heard driving through was crickets. That's where the footballers stab people, drunk dudes push their GF or wives into oncoming traffic, gays beating up straight guys, straight guys beating up gays, my co-worker got his jaw broken out there while his boy smashed someone's face, etc. There was a time that Buckhead was predominately caucasian, then there was a time it was predominately African-American, now it's predominately crickets.

Ah well...Atlanta sucks.

Last edited by Noir; 07-07-2007 at 09:56 AM.