Thread: I got the SVX!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2003, 10:00 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Again, Lwin, I don't mean any offense. I agree with you - there is an occasional corrolation between people getting their trannies flushed and then seeing them fail shortly thereafter. But I submit that the reason for this isn't the flush, but the fact that those people didn't do it regularly. If you keep the fluid clean and replace it frequently, hopefully it won't get burned and hopefully you won't see a buildup of debris.
None taken. It's just that I have experience that if you flush a tranny with burnt fluid, chances are it will fail very soon (same thing with diff). If you flush it regularly while it is still red, it will be fine and you can keep doing it. The thing is Loki seems to have brown (burnt) tranny fluid in his. In that case, my opinion is to keep the tranny going and not to touch the tranny at all until it fails. I have no logical proof of things but I have killed 2 engines, a tranny, and most recently a diff. The thing is they were all on the way out but I believe I quicken the process by giving it a shock. Since he just spent his arm and his leg, I think he should keep the car running and not touch the car until he can fix it up.

Like a wise saying, if it is running, don't touch it.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!