View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Engine Temperature Gauge Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Really seems normal. When you're idling, there is no airflow over the radiator so the temps creep up, the fans turn on to pull air through the radiator and it cools down. The gauge reading higher is a moot point IMO. As Tapani said, the temp gauge, just as in all other cars, has a huge "dead" zone as otherwise everyone would freak out if they saw their temp gauge constantly moving.

Just keep an eye on things and on cold starts, just double check the level in the radiator.

Thanks Nate, I am kind of set on the gauge being funky. I will stop worrying about it. If coolant starts disappearing I'll be concerned or if the gauge spikes. I just wanted to make sure the gauge sitting higher wasn't a sign of some coolant issue or it running hot. I also might just replace that one wire sensor see if that makes me feel any better.
So anything above 205 constant would be considered out of normal then?

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles