View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 05:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to rmjjensen
Codes:

24: Idle Speed Control Solenoid Valve
38: Engine Torque Control

I understand code-24 because sometimes I'll get a CEL when I'm rolling with the clutch let out by just using the car's idle ...usually it'll drop to where the engine is barely running....just making the idle move the car (I'm in bumper to bumper traffice everyday so I cant really ride the clutch). But then once the idle goes back to normal the CEL will come off.

but code-38 - what the heck? I don't have the torque control hooked up to anything. the TCU has been removed and I didn't hook up the nuetral safety to the clutch switch. And when I did I had the "infamous 5mt stall problem" more frequently from the rpms dropping abruptly when going into N

with that said- I cleared the codes and I'm going to do driving around. I was told a flaky MAF could cause this problem - makes sense to me. I just don't want to get stuck because the engine is bogging down.

5-Speed Status: DONE!
Lambo Door Status: On hold but will be a success

04 WRX 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter, Group N tranny mounts, AZA Z-2 18x7.5 Rims, slotted/cross drilled rotors, stainless steel lines, 35/20% window tint, ecu bead crush, power mode button; 7" In-dash touch screen LCD, mobile computer, voice recognition, alpine PXA-H701 DSP, 2 JBL amps, focal speakers all around, 5 farad cap, and fiberglassed subs in the trunk.

The Mobile Computer Interface - featuring the SVX | My Locker | My Secret Stash