Thread: P-a-t-r-i-o-t-s
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Darksied-X
Look, what all you Eagles fans can't seem to understand is that this game goes way beyond any players on your team, and even beyond the NE Dynasty. It's fate. It's the season of the NE championship double feature, the Sox and the Pats. And no matter how big and bad TO is, he's going to get slapped silly by fate, along with the rest of his team.
Actually FATE is what's working against you. The Patriots need no more super bowl wins...they've got some. Fate will give the win to the team that has worked their asses off and gotten screwed in the past.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ciscokid
*** You can't possibly think that Philly has a better passing game than the Colts, do you?? Where are the 3 1,000 yard receivers who each caught 10 or more TDs??
You're forgetting that Philly hasn't blown it when it really counts this year. Which is what makes them better than the Colts.

Quote:
***He ran for one touchdown yesterday: a 25 yard run outside of the right tackle and we still have Kevin Faulk ho can run outside.
One touchdown.

One?

Hang on a minute while I laugh hysterically.

Ok i'm done now.

You're going to need alot more than one rushing touchdown to keep up with Donovan's passing attack. The Pat's won't get it done in the air...their only shot is on the ground against Philly.

Quote:
Philly is also a great great team, but so was Indy and so were the Steelers, what most people seem to miss is that SO ARE THE PATRIOTS. The Pats win because they respect their opponents, so when you talk about the loss to Miami, if you had watched that game you would have seen the lack of respect for Miami, and that's why Miami won. I think that made the Pats that much better, because even if they had beat the Dolphins, they would still have been the #2 seed, so I think the loss was a positive thing.
Justify the loss however you want. The point is - they lost to a team they should have walked on. Speaking of respect...the Eagles have blown way too many easy games in their past...they know better than anyone to respect ANYONE who shares the field with them. This is one of the big reasons for their consistency in the past seasons.

And finally...quite possibly the biggest indicator that NE is going down...is that once again, a coworker of mine bet (against my boss) a case of beer on New England to win this year. This is a bad omen because he bets a case of beer on a team every year, and he has lost that case of beer every year for the last 16 years.

So, as you were saying, it IS fate.