Thread: P-a-t-r-i-o-t-s
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Darksied-X
Now, I certinly don't claim to be an expert on football...
We knew this...you are, after all, a Patriots fan.

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Darksied-X
If the Hambergler hadn't so generously handed the ball to the Pats defense three times, the Pats would not have let the Steelers walk down the field for their last TD only to run out the clock, and by my calculations the Pats still would have won.
So you're saying the first time they played, the Patriots LET the Steelers win?

Damn, why didn't you break the news to us about this BEFORE the game, that way we would not have been so disallusioned as to think that Pitt would win again?!

Quote:
Now, me thinks the only reason Eagles fans are making excuses for the Steelers is, well, your scared.
Why would any Eagle's player, or fan thereof, be scared of a team that got beat by Miami (who, by the way, finished the season 4-12), and just barely beat Cincinatti (8-8). New England can blow a game just as badly as anyone.

But seriously...explain to me how a pass defense that didn't even make the top ten for the year is going to hold off one of the strongest pass offenses (ranked 3rd) in the history of the NFL?

That is the problem the Patriots now face. Without TO, Philly walked all over Minnesota and Atlanta (both having much better secondaries than NE), now with TO in the mix...it's not hard to see how this game will go.

On top of that...don't expect Dillon's up-the-middle running style to have any positive effect in this game...if you want to succeed running against Philly, you must go to the outside...something that Dillon has shown he's less-than-adept at.

Quote:
And who can blame you. You wanted to play a team you had a chance against.
...and we got exactly that. Pittsburgh had everything it needed to beat Philly. New England needs to make alot of changes to come out on top.

Quote:
But hey, in the name of good sportsmanship, come the morning of Feb. 7, I'll send you all a box of tissues.
Wow...that's original...i remember SOMEONE ELSE said something like that a few weeks ago...