View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 06:04 AM

Dumbest ticket (committed): Passed a Vermont state trooper sitting on the opposite shoulder of the road one night, saw him light 'em up, said to my daughter, "Oh, look... he's going on a call." Took half a mile to realize he was after me, which really soured the guy's disposition. Most costly ticket I've ever paid, that.

Dumbest ticket (observed): Daylight, same road in Vermont; dude in a Mercedes with New York plates (and road attitude to match) roars past me and hangs a hard left INSIDE a left-turning slowpoke we'd been following, not having noticed the Vermont trooper right behind him. I waved as I passed.

Dumbest written warning: A Georgia state trooper pulled me over one Thanksgiving morning, with a local news camera and reporter in the car, recording footage for the evening's typical story on holiday traffic. I was driving a '68 Mustang that was a very distinctive color, so anybody who knew me KNEW that was me on the news, even tho' they never showed my license plate or my face. They used that clip as file footage for so long I should have gotten royalties.

dcb