View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: Stevebsy bumper. Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
I used to think the same thing.. Now my opinion has changed.. I personally believe the K-staff bumper no longer has the appeal it used to. It'll just end up blending you into the crowd with the rest of the modified cars. Plus it increases drag.. It also kills the curve of the vehicle. If you intend to use the K-staff front bumper, follow up with the Alcyone side skirts and top it off with a rear bumper mod.
I agree about the skirts, but as far as the rear... I think it looks fine as it is and is quite square like in my opinion. as far as increase drag... I disagree that that would necessarily be a bad thing.

I think it would be a good thing because it's forcing the air to move faster up and over the top of the vehicle and the way the bottom is shaped it would split air where it is needed and it would increase the downforce slightly and lower the movement of air across the vehicle. With the pointy front it makes it more like a wing and allows too much flow underneath the car. And as far as looking like a tuner or any other modified car or other car.... I don't think that's a bad thing. It doesn't make it a ricer.... it's not like its ridiculously over extravagant and unneeded curves.

Last edited by Johnybeas; 02-02-2009 at 10:04 PM.