View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: Stevebsy bumper. Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
My thought was to have the line just not vanish when it meets the bumper, but have it connect, then fade to the surface as it goes forward a little.. Maybe below the turn signals.. Know what I mean?
That's what I was thinking as well! Totally! Preserve consistency on the side, but then from the front the aggressive look is preserved (I can understand why Steve choose not to include it when looking at the front, it would cut into the big opening and look strange).

Here's a couple poor MS Paint attempts I did:

Steve's front bumper and some kind of future produced rear bumper (maybe like the Cloud rear), also without a body line. You can see they still have the line where they meet the sheetmetal of course. So you have a high line in front, lower line in the middle, and then high line in the rear...

Steve's front bumper with the body line added and stock rear. In this concept it goes all the way around, which if viewed from the front may not look good...

Steve's front bumper with the body line on the side, then fading into a smooth front. Could work with the stock rear bumper as in this picture, or if a rear bumper were ever developed, it could also employ the same concept (body line at the wheel and then fading into smoothness before wrapping around the rear).

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...

Last edited by WestCoastSVX; 01-28-2009 at 02:00 PM.