Thread: Q's about TPS
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 06:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jedz123
Quote:
Originally Posted by processengr View Post
FYI...more symptoms you need a TPS-

Funny shift points selected by TCU, usually 2nd gear waits too long to shift under light throttle, then bang shifts into 2nd, in a car that normally has "seamless" shifts.

Downshifts also seem to occur early.

This along with an idle that changes, but resets itself if engine is turned off and on.

There is an excellent how to in one of the lockers, but i can't find it, for checking the TPS with an ohmeter, for breaks in the tracking.

On both my 92s replacing the TPU made a huge difference in "drivabilty"
Appreciate the info but... I don't own a SVX, it's a manual FWD Legacy with an EG33 swap... I don't have to worry about a TCU and any of it components.
But I did notice the idle is normal when I first turn the car on then it would jump up after I touched the gas... the engine never had these symptoms when I drove the SVX around but I'm guessing that when the motor sat for a couple of months the TPS got fouled. The one thing I have learned about all of My Subies is this... IF you drive them every day they are the most reliable cars ever... But if you don't drive them every day things will start breaking on them. My legacy sat for 2 mos then when I finally got her moving (after the swap) the brake booster went out on it. I know If I just drove it every day it would have been fine.

Thanks guys for the info on the TPS but I found one in Rutland for the same price of the one found @ 1stSubaruParts... So I bought it and it will be in on Monday!!! Now I have to find a Brake booster for the Legacy and I will be back in business! So if any you guys live in Southern Vermont I found a place that is cheaper then most!